Operations Steering Support
This position supports the Operations department by monitoring systems, writing local procedures, collating/checking budget data and running statistics as needed. It coordinates the setup of the Electronic Data Interchange platform with vendors and monitoring their performance.
Supporting vendor evaluations as per Hapag-Lloyd quality manuals, and monitoring vendor service levels
Providing ad-hoc statistics from all relevant systems to support analysis of data for Management and staff in Operations
Coordinating and monitoring dressing material and seal supplies within our locations
Following up with locations and vendors for mandatory onboarding documents for preparation of approved supplier list Is the point of entry for operational costs in the Area providing input in budgets and monitoring against actuals
Coordinates and provides explanations for deviations against the budget
Ensures the accuracy and quality of data maintained in our system
Supports and follows up to closure disputed cost cases
Ensures onsite audits are conducted and documented
Follows up with the quality and operational teams for work order creation and completeness Supports
Ghana cocoa stuffing operations, local equipment and transport operations Provides equipment support to customers and depots as and when needed.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience Technical Competencies:
• University degree or equivalent • Minimum 3 years’ experience in an operational role, preferably in the maritime sector
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Comprehensive knowledge about operations applications
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially excel
• Analytical, ability to work on multiple systems and ability to work with large databases
• Good time management skills
What drives you?
Team player Positive attitude and Enthusiastic
Self-Confident and Self Disciplined Persistent Ethical