Website BAJ FREIGHT AND LOGISTICS LIMITED
Jobs in Tema
BAJ FREIGHT AND LOGISTICS LIMITED is a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. As a leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions inland and at all sea and airports to and from the world. We are a one-stop shop for all Logistics needs including heavy lifting and are based in Accra, Takoradi, and Tema. We have vacancies for results-oriented and self-motivated persons for the role of LIGHT DUTY DRIVERS FOR SALON VEHICLES AND MINI VANS. This is a two-year contract with the possibility for renewal. The role reports to the Transport Manager and is located in Tema.
ROLES DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Drive employees and official passengers carefully and safely at all times as directed to specified locations.
• Pick up and deliver supplies and other materials as instructed to designated locations • Consistently ensure that BAJ’s vehicle and driving policies and good practice are followed at all times.
• Manage assigned vehicles as requested, including cleaning; checking toolbox contents are complete; conduct daily checks; periodic servicing; tool/tax etc
• Enter journeys in the BAJ vehicle log book at all times and ensure the log book remains updated
• Organize for repairs and approved works to be done on the vehicle with BAJ agreed with mechanics following the right processes and procedures.
• Promptly report vehicle running problems or damage to the vehicle to the transport manager
• Ensure all necessary official documents are available in the vehicle being driven.
Ensure that the vehicle is ready for use whenever he/she is called up
• Perform other tasks from time to time that are in line within the responsibility of the post and as directed.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum academic qualification is Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
• Minimum of Driver License Class B for salon vehicle drivers and Class C for minibus drivers
• A minimum of 5 years’ working experience with an accident free record
• Experience in working in a corporate environment is an added advantage
• Good understanding of road signs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven record of good behaviour
• Ability to read and use digital locations • Ability to work for longer hours
• Age requirement for is 21 years to 50 years
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
• Good organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Great people skills are necessary to collaborate with management, truck drivers, customs officers, office staff and other port agencies
• Ability to work without supervision
• Ability to work for longer hours
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to the e-mail address below, the subject should state the role you are applying for: email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org